ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY offers coaching for the UPSC NDA/NA written examinations. The faculty at ANAND CLASSES is highly qualified and vastly experienced in successfully coaching students for NDA examinations. Not only do ANAND CLASSES cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per UPSC, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test/ weekly test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking. This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results. Experienced and updated faculty teaches students how to handle the NDA examination specifically; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam. Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers while attempting the examination. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
WHY CHOOSE ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY FOR NDA WRITTEN EXAM COACHING:
- ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY is India's Oldest and Largest Armed forces Preparatory Institute: Established in 1996 by Er. Neeraj Anand.
- Every second officer in the Indian Armed forces has been a student of ANAND CLASSES - ARMED FORCE ACADEMY.
- Infrastructure: ANAND CLASSES campus is tieup with topmost institutions like BSF, PAP, Guru Gobind Singh Stadium provides unmatched infrastructure, SSB like environment. Our classrooms for written coaching are well supported by modern Audio Visual technological aids.
- Faculty: The highly qualified, experienced and updated faculty for NDA written coaching provides students with the right guidance to get best results in the exam. Students are coached by permanent faculty members not part-time teachers (working on per class basis) as in many other institutes.
- Fully equipped library: Only ANAND CLASSES offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 1000+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
- Study Room/ Reading Room: On campus study/ reading rooms are available to provide students with quiet and peaceful environment, perfect for self study and preparations. These rooms are open daily till late hours.
- Motivational lectures and movies: ANAND CLASSES specializes in motivating the youth towards serving our great nation. Students interact with candidates from all over the country working towards a common goal. Motivational lectures and movies shown, leave the students inspired to do something for the country and become better human beings.
- Discipline & Time Management: ANAND CLASSES is a Defence preparatory institute with strict rules that all students must abide by. All students are expected to follow the Honour Code and Discipline Code of Conduct of ANAND CLASSES, failing which they may be expelled without refunds. These guidelines enforced by the academy inculcate good values and discipline in the students. Students also learn the importance and benefits of proper time management. Sundays and other holidays are not observed to maintain continuity and to ensure students can focus on upcoming exam without distractions.
- Only ANAND CLASSES runs Year Round Batches for NDA written exam unlike other institutes that only open for the few month before the examination
- Exam specific coaching: Since exam patterns vary for each examination, ANAND CLASSES offers exam specific coaching for NDA, CDS, AFCAT etc.
TERMS DATES & DURATION:
The detailed 4-months and comprehensive 6 week course covers all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination.
COMPREHENSIVE 6 WEEKS COURSE:
The duration of each term is 6 Weeks. Six week course includes
- Exhaustive Classroom preparation: With 180+ classroom sessions and 500+ study hours covering all aspects and entire syllabus of the examination as prescribed by the UPSC.
- Comprehensive Study Material: With 15+ books covering the various subjects, Question banks and practice sets of each subject, ready reference notes for important topics, all extensively researched and prepared after analysis of previous years’ exam patterns.
- Revision and Doubt clearing: 120+ worksheets and practice sets help students’ asses their own progress. Previous years question papers are also covered. Doubt clearing sessions are held to answer all queries of students.
- Testing: Weekly practice tests of each subject to prepare students for upcoming competition and provide them with vital self assessment tools. Mock tests are also held to prepare the student for NDA exam.
- Extensive coverage of current affairs: Special weekly updates on defence related news, and latest developments, events and people in news. General Knowledge is taken up thoroughly.
- Subjects covered: in the NDA written exam coaching include English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Polity, Economics, Biodiversity etc.
WHY COACHING IS A MUST FOR NDA/NA WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
In today’s competitive exams like NDA & NA, COACHING IS A MUST REQUIRED BECAUSE:
- 3,00,000+ students sit for this exam and the number is increasing year by year. Hence making the exam more and more competitive and one mark difference could mean selection or rejection of the candidate. There are anywhere between 300- 400 seats, so students who are dedicated and serious, must get the edge above others for which coaching is a must.
- Students can take advantage of the vast experience of subject and examination expert faculty.
- Examination specific and comprehensive study material of notes, practice sets, assignments and worksheets provides the right material for preparation.
- Any concept doubts can be cleared right away, thus students can build strong fundamentals.
- Regular mock tests ensure students are mentally prepared for exam day and know exactly how to approach the exam and what to expect.
- Students are able to discipline themselves, develop good concentration and form a study habit, which is not easy to do with self study.
6 WEEKS COMPREHENSIVE COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Admission Fee- Rs 500
NDA Tuition fee 6 week comprehensive course- Rs 15000/
4 MONTHS DETAILED COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Admission Fee- Rs 500
NDA Tuition fee 4 MONTH comprehensive course- Rs 30000/
9 MONTHS DETAILED COURSE FEES & CHARGES
Admission Fee- Rs 500
NDA Tuition fee 6 month comprehensive course- Rs 45000/
WHEN TO JOIN:
Since ANAND CLASSES runs year round batches for NDA examinations, students should take coaching as soon as they are able to spare time from their daily routines. It is advised to take coaching few months before the exam to ensure enough time is left for practice, revision and self study.
WHAT IS NDA?
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. The NDA is located in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is the first tri-service academy in the world.
NDA alumni have led and fought in every major conflict in which the Indian Armed Forces has been called to action since the academy was established. The alumni include 3 Param Vir Chakra recipients and 9 Ashoka Chakra recipients.
NDA or National Defence Academy is a national institute for training selected young men for officer level entry into the Armed forces of India. NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is a training facility for the leaders of tomorrow who will be respected and followed. It is not just an institution but a way of life. NDA transforms a hesitant young cadet into an honourable, physically and mentally competent and polished man who is prepared for any kind of adversity that might face him; an officer and a gentleman.
The training at NDA is rigorous. In addition to service training for the army, navy and air force, the cadets are also taught academics to cover the graduation level degree in Arts, Sciences or Computers. The training at NDA is broken into six terms and the total duration of training is three years. Once their training is concluded, the cadets are awarded their bachelor’s degree at the passing out parade of NDA. Thereafter the cadets go to their respective service institutes i.e. the Indian Military Academy or IMA for army cadets, Air Force Academy Hyderabad for Air force cadets and Naval Academy Cochin for Naval Cadets.
To know more about NDA, please view this link, http://nda.nic.in/
HOW TO APPLY FOR NDA
NDA and NA written entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Notification for the exam appears in all major national dailies in the month of Dec/Jan for the April exam and in the months of May/June for the September exam. The exam is held in the months of April and September. Candidates must apply to sit for the examination, online on the UPSC website after notification is released by UPSC.
Tentative Vacancies Per Course
300 (Twice a year) or As notified from time to time
Army - 195
Air Force - 66
Navy - 39
Notification in Employment News/ leading daily news Paper/ UPSC website
Jun and Dec as Notified by UPSC
Between 16 ½ to 19 ½ yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
12th Class of 10+2 System of Education. Maths and Physics are compulsory for Air force and Navy. Commerce and Arts students can apply for army.
Male candidates only. Women cannot apply for NDA.
Likely SSB Date
Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Date Commencement of Training
Jan and Jul
NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune
Duration of Training
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy( for Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & ½ Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
NDA EXAM PATTERN
NDA written exam is comprised of two tests. Duration of each test is two and a half hours and both are conducted on the same day, consecutively. Examination is set by the UPSC.
General Ability Test
SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAMINATION
MATHEMATICS (Maximum Marks 300):
Algebra: Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws. Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers - basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its application. Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants: Types of matrices, operations on matrices Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinant. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications - Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer's rule and by Matrix Method.
Trigonometry: Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications - Height and distance, properties of triangles.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions: Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
Differential Calculus: Concept of a real valued function - domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits - examples. Continuity of functions - examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of a function at a point, geometrical and physical interpreatation of a derivative - applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals - determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves - applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types - examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
Vector Algebra: Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors. Vector product and cross product of two vectors. Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems.
Statistics and Probability: Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution - examples Graphical representation - Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon - examples. Measures of Central tendency - mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation - determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability :Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability - classical and statistical - examples. Elementary theorems on probability - simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes' theorem - simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
GENERAL ABILITY TEST
Part ‘A’ - ENGLISH (Maximum Marks 200): The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Best Coaching institute For NDA Jalandhar.
Part ‘B’ - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Maximum Marks 400):The question paper will consist of current affairs questions, questions from science, history, geography and polity. The NDA written exam syllabus includes subjects like History, Polity, Economics, Maths, Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, English etc.
SECTION A: PHYSICS
Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer. Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Force and Momentum, Newton’s Law of Motion, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy. Gravitation, Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
SECTION B: GENERAL SCIENCE
Difference between the living and non-living. Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues.
Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals. Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention. Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, ecological balance and Balanced Diet.
SECTION C: CHEMISTRY
Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ). Properties of Air and Water.
Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction. Acids, bases and salts. Carbon – different forms. Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Ink, Paper, Cement, Glass, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder. Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency etc.
The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists
SECTION D: FREEDOM MOVEMENTHISTORY, , ETC.
A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation. Struggles of Freedom Movement in India.
Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration. Knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development. Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Teachings of leaders like Mahatma Gandhi.
Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; American Civil war for Independence. Industrial, French and Russian Revolution. Impact of Science and Technology on Society. Concept of one World, United Nations Organisations, Panchsheel, Democracy. Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
SECTION E: CURRENT EVENTS
Knowledge of Important events that has happened in India in the recent years. Current important world events, Current Affairs including Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
SECTION F: GEOGRAPHY
The Earth, its shape and size. ( Lattitudes and Longitudes), Concept of time. International Date Line. Rotation and Movements of Earth and their effects.
Origin of Earth, Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes. Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World.
Best NDA Written Exam Coaching in India.
RESULTS OF NDA EXAMINATION
UPSC declares the result of NDA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.
NDA COACHING CENTRE in JALANDHAR
Director : Neeraj Anand
ANAND CLASSES-ARMED FORCE ACADEMY, JALANDHAR
Urban Estate Phase-II, Near MGN School, Jalandhar
Contact No. 9463138669, 9464645100